The Eastern Oklahoma State College men's soccer team dropped a road game 3-0 to Murray State College on Thursday in Tishomingo, Okla.
The Mountaineers dropped to 3-5-1, 1-3-1 in Region 2 play.
PLAY BY PLAY
- The Mountaineers went down 1-0 on a shot from distance by Murray newcomer Tom Adwar 32 minutes in.
- Murray capitalized on an assist by Adwar and fellow freshmen Kopany to go ahead 2-0 and Adwar followed up with another long-range strike to finish the scoring.
- Eastern was able to get into a rhythm in the second half but just couldn't come up with the final ball to get on the score sheet.
- Carlos Diaz Neto played the full 90 minutes in goal.
Eastern Head Coach Jon Evan commented,
"I can't say I'm disappointed in our effort today. Obviously the loss stings. Credit to Murray on the day. They had a player or two make some special plays that changed the game. We've been working hard and we felt like we were prepared coming into the match, despite having a few guys out recovering from injury. We defended as a group and attacked as a group. In fact, we looked pretty good going at them in the 2nd half. We still have some things to clean up in terms of our defending and we obviously need to help ourselves by putting the ball in the net."
Evan added, "Sometimes you just have to shake the opponent's hand and recognize that they were better on the day and move on. We'll keep working and next time out we won't let one or 2 players impact the game and beat us. Fortunately, we are not where we want to be at this point in the season, but we are right where we need to be. We control our destiny and have everything to play for in the second half of the season."
- The Mountaineers took 10 shots and put 5 on frame.
- Neto registered 5 saves in the loss.
Eastern continues its Region 2 schedule on the road at NOC-Tonkawa on Thursday, October 10 at 3 P.M.